Today, Great Place to Work
® and PEOPLE
recognized AbbVie as one of PEOPLE’s “50 Companies That Care.” AbbVie ranked No. 25 on this list that highlights the top U.S. companies that have succeeded in business while also demonstrating outstanding respect, care and concern for their employees, their communities and the environment.
“At AbbVie, we recognize that a company with global scale and unique capabilities has the opportunity to use those resources to give back – to our patients, our employees and our communities,” said Tracie Haas, vice president, corporate responsibility, brand and communications, AbbVie. “We are grateful to be recognized as one of PEOPLE’s Companies that Care.”
Different ways AbbVie engages with employees and the community include:
- An annual employee volunteerism initiative called “Week of Possibilities,” where employees across the globe donate
- Support for AbbVie employees and their well-being, including the AbbVie Employee Assistance Fund that provides resources for employees in times of need.
- Leveraging our scientific expertise to research neglected tropical diseases as well as widespread diseases such as tuberculosis and malaria that impact more than one billion people.
- Responsibility commitments that inform AbbVie’s corporate responsibility efforts, including:
- Use our expertise to improve health
- Steward our ethical and sustainable business
- Support long-term community strength
The ranking represents feedback from over 4.5 million US employees. PEOPLE partnered with Great Place to Work®, a global people analytics and consulting firm, to analyze employees’ survey feedback on how their workplaces make a difference in their lives and communities. Great Place to Work® also considered the generosity of each organization's benefits, and philanthropic and community support.
Mary Kathryn Steel
: +1 847-937-4111